Home Forums Chart Support Is there a way to increase dpi for higher resolution printing?

Is there a way to increase dpi for higher resolution printing?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Hi! I’m trying to create printable version of a page with a small graph in the bottom third of the page. It looks fine on screen, and prints correctly, but the resolution of the graph is (unsurprisingly) really low. It’s even more noticeable since the rest of page prints quite nicely being just text.

I tried increasing the dpi by following this stackoverflow post, by using the following:

var canvas = document.getElementsByClassName("canvasjs-chart-canvas");
    var i;
    for (i = 0; i < canvas.length; i++) {
      var dpifactor = 300/96;
      var w = canvas[i].width;
      var h = canvas[i].height;
      canvas[i].width = w*dpifactor;
      canvas[i].height = h*dpifactor;
      canvas[i].style.width = w + 'px';
      canvas[i].style.height = h + 'px';
    }
    chart.render();

Sadly, while it seems to do something, it doesn’t actually do what I want. Is there a built in function for increasing DPI, or any workarounds?

Worst case I was thinking about generating a graph in gigantic-size, exporting it as a png, then including it, theoretically all in js, but that seems like a really inelegant solution.

[Update]
    Print resolution should be handled in ‘Printer Settings’, however you can increase the resolution of image when exported chart as image as shown in this JSFiddle.

Jhaagsma,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are looking into the issue and will get back to you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.