Home Forums Chart Support Pie Chart with long tool tip description

Pie Chart with long tool tip description

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Hi there – I’m using the Pie Chart With Additional Customization. I’m looking to add a unique long text description as a tool tip and the percentage value for each y value.

For example Income Taxes: 3.8%

35.8%
    This is the total of income taxes you are paying blah blah blah blah

@rhcormier

You can use toolTip.content to achieve this.

Yes I am using the toolTip, I was able to figure it out using the custom property (below).

My follow up question is how do I size the tool tip with a maximum width? Currently the text and tool tip box overlaps using the entire browser width (and in some cases more).

dataPoints: [

{ y: 25.4, indexLabel: “Income Taxes:”, customPropperty: “Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry’s standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. ” },

@rhcormier

You can add HTML tags to toolTip.content. Please refer to this jsfiddle where we have added div to toolTip.content with specific width and CSS customizations.

Ashish Khatri
    Team CanvasJS

How do you alter the text font size and family for the indexLabel on the page (not tooltip)

Ie looking to update this with a different font type and size – legendText: “{indexLabel}”,

Richard

Richard,

You can use indexLabelFontSize and indexLabelFontFamily at dataPoint level to show every indexLabel in different font-size and font-family.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.