Home Forums Chart Support Is there a bug with charts that go way into the future?

Is there a bug with charts that go way into the future?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

I have a simple line chart that forecasts data way into the future (into the year 2130). It’s literally 30 lines of data starting in the year 2010 and goes to the year 2130 (120 year time span). Every few years I plot a number/value for a data point. I’m asking if there is a bug or glitch with future dates because when I load the chart it loads for about 30 seconds and then the browser crashes. If I click “wait” in Chrome (instead of “kill” process) it goes another 10 seconds or so and finally loads successfully.

@davidr,

It takes just above 100ms to render 100000 dataPoints. Time taken to render chart depends on number of dataPoints. Can you please create a jsfiddle with the issue you are facing so that we can look into it and help you out.
    ___
    Suyash Singh
    Team CanvasJS

Hi, thanks for responding. As I wrote up the sample code I noticed the interval was set to day. I change it from day to year, so I did this:

intervalType: "year",

And it fixed the issue! I guess when it was going through all the years by day it slowed it down? Now that it’s set to year it goes through it quickly! Thanks.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by davidr.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.