Home forums Feature Requests & Feedback How to allow user to change variable that chart is based on

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Vishwas R 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

xkater
    Participant

HI all: i’ve searched for this behavior but haven’t found it in CanvasJS

i’d rather use a ‘slider’ for this but a text-box field would be sufficient as demonstration.

* the user would be able to change the chart output dynamically by merely changing the ‘factor’
    related to a particular variable, such as: x falls on a scale 1-100 and the default factor is .23,
    the user can change x(factor) to .33, for instance, thus that x chart elements increase by 33/23.

any comments

many tia

Vishwas R
    Keymaster

xkater,

It is possible to change/update axis’s range by using viewportMinimum and viewportMaximum properties of axisX. I think you can implement the required behavior using these two properties.

Here is an example with a slider – you might have to customize it slightly though.

If this doesn’t fit your requirement, any pictorial representation or fiddle would be helpful to understand your requirement and help you out.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.