Home Forums Feature Requests & Feedback How to allow user to change variable that chart is based on

How to allow user to change variable that chart is based on

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

HI all: i’ve searched for this behavior but haven’t found it in CanvasJS

i’d rather use a ‘slider’ for this but a text-box field would be sufficient as demonstration.

* the user would be able to change the chart output dynamically by merely changing the ‘factor’
    related to a particular variable, such as: x falls on a scale 1-100 and the default factor is .23,
    the user can change x(factor) to .33, for instance, thus that x chart elements increase by 33/23.

any comments

many tia

xkater,

It is possible to change/update axis’s range by using viewportMinimum and viewportMaximum properties of axisX. I think you can implement the required behavior using these two properties.

Here is an example with a slider – you might have to customize it slightly though.

If this doesn’t fit your requirement, any pictorial representation or fiddle would be helpful to understand your requirement and help you out.

[UPDATE]

@xkater

We have just launched CanvasJS StockCharts with key features like slider, range selector, syncing toolTip & crosshair across multiple charts, etc. Please refer to the release blog for more information. Do download the latest version from download page & let us know your feedback.

Vishwas R
    Team CanvasJS

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.