Using this property you can define whether to render indexLabel “inside” or “outside” the dataPoint.
- “inside” for stacked charts.
- “outside” for pie/doughnut charts.
- “auto” for all other chart types.
“outside”, “inside”, “auto”
- If the indexLabelPlacement is inside, it is advised to have smaller labels or to reduce indexLabelFontSize so that indexLabels can be accommodated.
- When set to “auto”, the chart automatically decides whether to place labels inside or outside based on the available space.
- In case of rangeColumn / rangeBar charts indexLabels are displayed at the extreme end when indexLabelPlacement is set to “inside” – because they have two indexLabels.
var chart = new CanvasJS.Chart("container",