Since the first version of CanvasJS Charts many of our users have asked for animation support for all charts types instead of only Pie & Doughnut. Today we are releasing 1.6.0 Beta which includes animation for all chart types. Along with animation it also includes several bug fixes & enhancements.
Do try out our current version and let us know your feedback. Below is a summary of this release.
Enhancements / New Features
- Animation – checkout our gallery page for Column, Spline & Line Charts.
- animationDuration Property under chart options
- In stacked charts bar width was not getting calculated properly in few cases
- Legend was not getting displayed properly whenever a dataSeries is disabled.
- Click event was throwing an error when exportEnabled is false.
- dataPoint’s legendMarkerColor property was not working.
- Using #total in stackedColumn used to crash browser.
- With certain numbers toolTip is not showing in pie chart
- axisY was not scaling properly when y values were very small.
Change in Behavior
- Animations are disabled by default on all chart types. You can enable the same by setting animationEnabled property to true.
Do download the latest version from our download page and let us know your feedback